July 1st 2021 - August 6th 2021|
Applications are online
UBS - Future of Finance Challenge
We have identified four challenges focused on how technology can transform the way finance works and how banks can meet their client's needs.
Time & Location
July 1st 2021 - August 6th 2021
Applications are online
About the Event
- Will comprise four (4) different challenges (each a “Challenge” and collectively, the “Challenges”) and all Participants will be grouped according to the Challenge(s) for which the Participant submits its Proposal.
- A shortlist of not more than ten (10) Participants for each Challenge (i.e. a total of forty (40) Challenge finalists) will be chosen and announced no later than September 30, 2021.
- One (1) winner per Challenge (i.e. four (4) Challenge winners in total) will be chosen and announced upon the conclusion of each Challenge.
- Shortlisted finalists must be available to participate in two (2) ½ day events (i.e. Mentoring Day and Final Pitch Day) if selected.
- Those who are unable to participate if selected will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition.
Each Challenge winner and the winner of the Female Founder Award will receive a cash prize of USD 10,000.
In order to claim a cash prize, each prize winner must have a valid bank account that:
- is held in the winner’s own name – joint accounts are not permitted;
- has been held by the winner for at least six (6) months prior to the Start Date of Submissions;
- is able to receive funds in US Dollars; and
- is opened with a reputable bank operating legally within the winner’s home location.
All Challenge finalists will receive mentoring and publicity in connection with the Competition as determined by UBS in it is sole discretion. Non-cash benefits (if any) may be provided by UBS (but who shall not be obliged to do so) as determined by UBS in its sole discretion.
To enter the Competition, Participants must do the following:
- choose one of the Competition Challenges as published on the Competition website and submit their idea by completing all the required fields in the submission form found on the Competition website.
- Once a completed submission form has been submitted, it becomes a formal submission (a “Proposal“), and no more changes can be made to it. THE ONLY WAY TO CHANGE A PROPOSAL IS TO WITHDRAW IT FROM THE COMPETITION AND RESUBMIT A NEW PROPOSAL.
- To withdraw a Proposal from the Competition, Participants should send an email to SHUBSInnovation@ubs.com with the header “Withdraw Proposal”.
- There is no limit on the number of Proposals that can be submitted by a Participant.
- The odds of winning depend on the quality of the idea within a Proposal and how the idea meets the judging criteria and not the number of Proposals submitted.
- All Proposals must be submitted via the link specified on the Competition website. Proposals submitted via other means (e.g. email, through another UBS webpage, post) will not be considered.
The four (4) Challenges are:
- Sustainable Banking;
- Reimaging Investing;
- App Stores and Platforms; and
- Tech and Cyber security.
We are looking for early stage startups who are seeking seed, angel or A round funding (under US$5M) with at least a minimum viable product or working prototype (past ideation stage).
To participate in the Competition, entrants must either be:
- individuals of 21 years of age or older; and
- not subject to any bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings or any proceedings relating to the protection of rights of creditors;
- start-ups or small & medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that are ongoing business concerns; and
- received less than US$150 million in total financing to-date; and
- have an annual turnover of less than US$150 million.
Entries received from persons or residents of countries who are subject to economic sanctions measures imposed by the United Nations, European Union, Switzerland, the United States or any relevant and applicable jurisdiction and/or involving the Crimea Region, Cuba, Iran, North Korea or Syria WILL BE VOIDED.